Organelle OS Update
14 July 2017 by Owen Osborn
The latest Organelle OS update and an updated manual are now available.
This v2.1 update features many small fixes and some big new features. The update is available as a regular Organelle patch. Download here.
To update simply download and run the patch. You will be prompted to press Aux button to start update. The Organelle shuts down after the update and you will have re-apply power.
Select Info in the System menu and it should say version 2.1
The following improvements and features are also covered in the new manual.
Fixes and Improvements:
- More responsive OLED, no more flickering, faster frame rate
- Faster VU meter response
- Maximum number of patches in menu increased to 1000
- Knobs are filtered so that their values don't jump around
- Long patch names are truncated in the middle
- Patches can utilize the encoder selector for things like navigating pages of parameters. See example patches below.
- Save and Save New are added to the System menu. These commands will save the state of the patch including the position of the knobs. Save New saves everything into a brand new patch folder. This opens up a new workflow where you can create presets right from the device.
- MIDI Channel setting is added to the System menu. This command allows you to change the default MIDI input and output channel.
- Custom System scripts may be added to the USB drive. These scripts will show up in the System menu and can allow for future functions like connecting to WiFi.
We are also releasing two new patches that demonstrate using the encoder selector in a patch. Multi Page Template documents a system we created for making a 4 page patch that also utilizes the new Save and Save New commands in the System menu to save its parameters. Multi Page Synth uses the same 4 page menu to create a multi page analog style synthesizer.